What Size Should I Get?
Headwear that fits will be the headwear you like to wear. Fit begins with knowing how much it takes to go around your head and that is called the circumference. It’s so much easier to just try on the headwear, but in the Internet world, that’s not possible. So, the next best thing is to measure the circumference of your head.
How to measure your head for the headwear using a string?
- Tie a sting around the head approximately where it feels comfortable to place a cap or hat.
- Remove the string by sliding it off the head.
- Fold the string loop in half and place the flattened string along a ruler. Take the tip-to-tip measurement to get what it takes to go half-way around the head.
- Multiply the tip-to-tip measurement by 2 to get the circumference around the head.
How to measure your head for the headwear using a tape measure?
- Place a tape measure around the head approximately where it feels comfortable to place a cap or hat.
- The circumference aroudn the head is the measurement on the tape measure.
Points to Think About for Your Head-wear and Getting the Measurement
- Take into consideration the style of the headwear and how it will be worn to determine the placement for the string around the head. Generally, hats and caps are worn to rest just above the ears.
- Use a string that won’t stretch as you tie it around the head or when it is being taken off and avoid pulling the string loop to take the tip-to-tip measurement.
- There is an inch difference between each size in this head-wear.
- How do you like your headwear to fit and how will it be used? Some people like a snug feel from their head-wear and riding in a convertible or without a helmet on a motorcycle or bicycle is definitely going to be different that sailing or fishing. Walking down the streets of Chicago, which is known as the windy city, is different that hiking in woods where trees block the wind. While, other people like big and want headwear that feels like it is not snug around their head. Actually, some prefer to have a swag look and some of the head-wear is designed to go big.
- If you are selecting for someone else as a gift; the one-size-fits-most is generally a 22″ circumference / Adult M / 7 Hat Size.